Wednesday, 2 April 2008

Rain Rain come again

Its raining now, heavy and light...lightening and thunder crack the walls of the sky.

This rain is much calmer compared to the hail storm that Bangalore experienced on Sunday. Hard drops of ice and water. It was an honour to have been stuck in the middle of it all, inside a box, that we most often refer to as a car (nothing againt cars I might add!), with a good friend, who was scared to death of dying under a branch, that MIGHT fall on us!

I can never forget the sounds and the visuals of that day and the feeling of fear, joy and nevervouness all wrapped up into one gaint smile on our faces! We became children for that hour of the storm...and of all days the flight had to be schduled for that day. I couldn't stop worrying and praying that the flight be cancelled. But modern life has its way of winning too..she did take off and land safely, to my amazement and relief!

There were floods on the streets and headlights on at 3:00pm! Zero visibility and loud cracks of thunder and display of lightening! It almost felt like Mother Nature was chuckling to herself and throwing a party in the sky! The trees moved with the wind, drops danced along and made love to the world! How I wish I was a leaf! And how I wish I didnt need to be dry! :)

The storm was quick and passed in the same hurry it came through to us; left me like a child wanting more candy, more of that sweet and irresistible candy!

Now it rains some more, keeps me waiting for more...more for a day when I can run free under the sky...more for a day when I can have the chance to stand still under the fury of the rain...more for a day when I don't have to be at work!!

"There's a rush,
And I can't help but blush!
The rain leaves a scar,
No caste, no race, no bar!
The rain leaves a dream,
And that's Her evil scheme!
The rain touches and kisses,
And in our ear the wind hisses!
It rains, with drops seeping through our skin,
And I feel lost and found within!
Let it rain some more,
And these feelings will come again in galore!"
-2 April 2008
4:06pm

No comments: