Tuesday, 1 July 2008

Sunday Scibblings: VISION

There she lay, on the cold floor, with her eyes torn. Her body screamed a silent sigh.
Her lips chapped from the dehydration of crying for 2 days.
Her eyes gazed outside the window, a stare that could shake the demons of hell. Her body barely moved, except the practiced breathing.

I stayed by her side, through the grieving. I did not know how to console her soul, I just stayed there; nearby, if ever she needed me or a listening ear.

She began sobbing again, she didn't have the energy to cry. But the dreaded sadness wouldn't allow silence, tears streamed down. I ran my fingers thought her hair, trying to calm her down. It didn't work, it never did. But this time she pulled my hand close to her heart, held it with all her might and sobbed.

We stayed there like that for hours, when finally she fell asleep. I couldn't bear to wake her with the movement of my hand. I lay there beside her, stroking her hair, eventually falling asleep.

We were woken up by a loud sound from outside. We saw the most beautiful sight outside the window, the whole sky was lit up in colours that we see in our dreams. The stars played along and sparkled; like a smiling child.
A vision that is hard to describe, but even harder to forget.

Purple skies all around, blanketing our lost and drained souls. She smiled, she smiled a smile that was priceless. A smile that you would form when you see your child for the first time, a smile that would make any bitter man joyous.

Suddenly it disappeared, the sky was black again, yet it seemed so fresh and enthralling.
She looked into my eyes, pulled me closer and whispered "That was my baby. She coloured the sky, she wants me to smile for her. She's happy. She's happy.."

My darling friend is now happy and recalls this day, this vision every time her heart sinks an inch.

1 comment:

Tammie Lee said...

So much pain, then the vision, the healing vision that one/she can hold onto. Amazing how powerful a vision can be!