Friday, 1 April 2016

Poetry for thought

Day 9
I feel this is incomplete, maybe not organized, but you don't live in my head now do you :) let me know what you think? Please :)

Title: One for the road


Fleeting between pages, words, sheets,
You’re the sweet kind of fire.

You are rattling cages that have been shut,
Rib cages that struggle to stay near you,
Heart cages that long to keep you inside,
Mind cages that need your smile to function.

Fleeting between pages, words, sheets,
You’re the sweet kind of fire.

I want to leave, open the cages for another,
Maybe I will forget you, maybe you will remember me,
Poetry will be written, words spilling out of every cell in my body,
We could have been something; everything.

Fleeting between pages, words, sheets,
You’re the sweet kind of fire.

I thought we could be so much,
Now I am nervous, afraid, worried,
Finally I am learning to protect myself, my heart, me,
Drawing lines, making change.

Fleeting between pages, words, sheets,
I am left wondering,
If I should have let you break me,
One for the road of rediscovery.
 

1 comment:

DIYA BURMAN said...

You're holding something back... It's not incomplete; just held back. Beautiful nonetheless :)