Wednesday, 12 July 2017

Poetry for thought

Title: Reality



I am feeling sexual today,
Also angry,
Also sad,
And mostly confused.
I want to smell your sweat,
Dripping off my forehead,
While I find that spot
Under your left breast.                           

I want to unravel this,
Erase all memory of us,
While I slowly break down
Into this pool of angry mess.
Tears well up,
Crawl through my fingertips,
While I try to find a breath
And fail.

The imagination of your left breast,

Thoughts of our tangled feet,
While I slowly wipe away the reality
Off my forehead…
Wait,
Which is real?

The anger? The tears?
The sweat that appears suddenly
On my palms,
Which is real?

I hold my face in my hands,
Not just hold, but grip,
Which is real?
And I try to grab the imagination
To blend it with this sad and angry reality.

Forms merge, order becomes chaos,
Chaos becomes breathing,
Breathing.
Breathing.
Breathing.
Is it me? Is it you?
Chaos, calm,
Earth shattering,
And then.
The shush.

Flashes of my hands shaking,
My lips searching,
My anger brewing,
Eyes closing, sunlight burning,
Moonlight calming.

Flashes, flashes,
Lines blur,
Breathing.
Breathing.
In. out. In. out.

Stay still, maybe now we’ll know
Which is real.

No comments: