Friday, 22 July 2016

Songs

I remember the day I was in the bus; coming to get you from the airport. It had been a good couple of days and I missed you like crazy. And I played this song over and over again because I wanted to sing it to you. I wanted it to be perfect. I was so happy, so nervous to see you after so long and the song just made the ride easier.

And now YouTube plays it as a suggested song and I wonder if I would feel that way again.

And now you have some else singing you songs that I only listened to on my way to the airport.

And now I have someone else singing me songs that you...well, you didn't sing that much...

1 comment:

OnTheRightSideOfHistory said...

"And I played this song over and over again because I wanted to sing it to you. I wanted it to be perfect." This is just so sweet and real. My heart! This is my favorite one, so far. That touch of humour at the end, could I love this post any more. I'm no writer, just a reader and your writing is just so very relatable. I can't stop reading :) Ever considered writing short stories or even a novel (may have to be more descriptive for a novel though, right?)?