Wednesday, 6 April 2016

Poetry for thought

Day 14

The last of the everyday writing challenge. Let me know what you think:

Title: End


It’s like a tug of war between us,
You want me to talk, spill everything,
Expect me to stay naked,
To almost discard my flesh.

Heart, blood, bones, muscles,
Exposed to you,
Thoughts, dreams, fears, tears,
Lying on the floor.

I didn’t know you then,
I don’t know you now,
But you know me, my everything,
Is this good for us, me not knowing you?

This war must end, either I stay naked,
Let the whiplash do its magic,
Or the let the silence make the decision we can't,
Whatever comes in the end, this now we have was the best.
 

2 comments:

OnTheRightSideOfHistory said...


"Heart, blood, bones, muscles,
Exposed to you,
Thoughts, dreams, fears, tears,
Lying on the floor." OMG! Please write more. I don't understand the end though. How does "this now we have was the best" not negate the rest of the poem?

OnTheRightSideOfHistory said...

Negate the emotions of the rest of the poem*