Saturday, 26 July 2008

Sunday Scibblings: Solace

"To think I might not see those eyes
Makes it so hard not to cry,
And as we say our long goodbye
I nearly do", Snow Patrol, Run
----------------------------
need closure, need solace.
need you to be near,
need us to be.

what is it that holds us together?
come into my arms,
maybe this would be that solace you seek.
and maybe i'll be one with your soul,
for mine is weak.
-----------------------------------------
i need your strength,
i need your hope,
i need your happiness,
sprinkle some of those on me.
--------------------------------------------------------
console me,
look at me and say it will all be fine
make me feel safe,
kiss me and tell me that you will be back.

these are just words,
you are gone.
never to return.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

8 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

Good thoughts..

Entertain me, will you?

Granny Smith said...

This is sad. It has a ballad-like feel to it, of lost love.

Anonymous said...

1.00 am.....alone......click....
thanks for the company!

danni said...

beautifully written but full of sadness and sorrow - very moving!!!

Rambler said...

A little sad..but life is that way sometimes isn't it

Princess S/Kishmish said...

@gautami, granny smith, danni, anonymous

thank you :)

@rambler
those sometimes prolong sometimes too :)
thanks for stopping by:)

Jennifer Hicks said...

beautifully touching and heart warming. thanks

Tammie Lee said...

so human
and sad
and sometimes the way life is