Thursday, 26 April 2007

Missing the Music

I miss her. I miss him. I miss them.
I miss some more people. And the list has become never ending.
New friends. New conversations. New dreams.
Yet I feel alone and I miss them all.
I think of them and kiss the wind good night.
I dream of them and their warmth.
Why does this bother me so much? Loneliness is not a new friend.
I miss them, I love them, but I still hate them. For leaving me alone. Especially when I need them the most.
Old friends come back. Weird. I don't know if secrets are meant to be shared. Some don't want anything to do with me.
It has all taken an unusual turn. I'm dealing with it. But, I miss them, I miss those tender words and those secret kisses. Those proud smiles and those hurt tears.
I miss it all.
The tights hugs of joy and the tight squeeze of the hand in pain. The coffees that we shared the empty cups we ordered.
The music of our chatter. The music of our fears. The music of our dreams.
I miss the music. I miss it all.

1 comment:

RastaQueen said...

If loss were a feather, I would capture it and gift it.
If loneliness was as light, I blow on it and have it lifted.
During times like these when you are broken and alone
The thought of me might be small but just know that I'm here to have your words blown.
I'll listen and I'll dwell on the myths you have created.
I will console and I will caress the pain that has been embedded.
But just know my name and feel my thoughts
Don't you worry, my Princess Selene, I'll let the world know you fought.

-- Your Girl Genius.
*ting!*